Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Pete's Game Room Forum gaming community! Everyone here is very friendly, so don't hesitate to say hi and engage in some video game discussion with all of us! From retro to modern, there's no discrimination here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the moderators and administrators! Have fun.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Upcoming Releases Calendar
Topic Started: Sep 1 2016, 09:06 AM (386 Views)
pokemonzrpg
Member Avatar
Zach Archer

Hey guys, I've just been experimenting with some of our unused or potential entirely new forum features, and the calendar came to mind. The calendar feature has always been there, but it was never utilized for anything. So randomly the idea came to me that perhaps the calendar could highlight the release dates of some upcoming titles throughout the year.

I went ahead and added in some of the bigger games for the rest of the year as well as some games that interest me specifically. Since we've never really used the feature I'm not entirely sure, but I am assuming that you can all add to the calendar regardless of being a moderator and what-not. If that is the case, please feel free to add any games I missed that interest YOU specifically, that way the included releases dates can be as comprehensive and catered to the community as possible (of course given that it does not allow you to edit the calendar for whatever reason, you can just post the games you want included on this topic and I will add them in for you). I could have just added every release for the rest of the year, but at that point it would be pretty cluttered and also not personalized at all. I figure it could be useful if you want to hop on just to see what games are on the horizon for any given day, and it doesn't require too much activity to still be useful.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unclever
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So I guess a few things

I didn't actually add anything but there is a add activity button and I can click on it so confirm other people can use it.

I would recommend that we don't go more than 2-3 months in advance. With all the delays I kind of feel like anymore than 3 mouths and there is a 50/50 chance that it end up being a different release date.

I was fairly sure that person 5 comes out next year and in the West it does. It looks like Sept 15 is the Jap release date

pokemonzrpg
Member Avatar
Zach Archer

Ah, yeah, you're right. I was just going through Wikipedia's lists and it was on there under September 15 so I put it on there, I haven't actually been keeping up with it.
Posted Image

NinjaPenguin8969
Member Avatar
I SUCK AT GAMES
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like it man, thanks! This feature is the only reason I go to Gamefaqs so I can see what I need to order soon. Forza Forza Forza :D
Posted Image

XxKomebackKidxX
Member Avatar

I like this idea. I too never realized or utilized the calendar. Even after this I had to look for the calendar link.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out my Youtube vids for reviews/ vlogs/ collections/ top10s/ pickups
http://www.youtube.com/xxkomebackkidxx
Like my Facebook Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/XxKomebackKidxXFanpage
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/XxKomebackKidxX

pokemonzrpg
Member Avatar
Zach Archer

XxKomebackKidxX
Sep 9 2016, 07:31 PM
I like this idea. I too never realized or utilized the calendar. Even after this I had to look for the calendar link.
You didn't need to worry about clicking the Calendar link at the top, there is an "Upcoming Releases" forum section which automatically links to it.
Posted Image

TNT
Member Avatar
Totally Not Thanous
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Love this new calender system lmao
Posted Image

pokemonzrpg
Member Avatar
Zach Archer

Just made some updates to it for the next couple of months! If anything else is worth adding let me know!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply