Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the PGRF gaming community! Everyone here is very friendly, so don't hesitate to say hi and engage in some video game discussion with all of us! From retro to modern, there's no discrimination here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the moderators and administrators! Have fun.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi; December 15, 2017
Topic Started: Oct 20 2017, 09:56 AM (638 Views)
NostalgiaKing
Member Avatar
These aren't the droids we're looking for.

Anyone excited about the movie? Thoughts? It's out in less than two months!

As a huge Star Wars fan, I'm stupidly excited to see it. I really enjoyed The Force Awakens, even if it wasn't perfect or done the way I personally would made it. The thought of seeing (and hearing!) Luke again is just... incredible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter! --- My Backloggery --- YouTube --- Media Moths
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GrillmarkedX
Member Avatar
The Sorrow
[ *  *  *  * ]
I’m really looking forward to it! I rarely go to the movies anymore but I went to The Force Awakens and Rogue One, and will be going to The Last Jedi. I’ve only been to the movies like five times the last 10+ years.

I watched the trailers and two reaction vids. I liked what I saw and have been patiently waiting for this since The Force Awakens.

I think we were all left with more questions than answers regarding Luke, Rey, Kylo, Snoke..etc...etc. I’m quite interested to see where this movie will take us and what all is revealed. It’s exciting to me.

Who is Snoke? Why is it called The Last Jedi? Is someone gonna flip sides? Does Kylo and Rey join together? It’s fun to think about! Two years is long enough for me.

Posted Image

KingJames88
Member Avatar
Ds Games!

I really dislike going to the movies but I went to see episode 7 after having not been to a movie theater since the release of the first cloverfield movie. I may do the same with this one as well, really looking forward to it.
Posted Image
>>My DS Collection Here<< 194 games and counting!

MidiPour
Member Avatar
Power of Sardines

Overall, I like Star Wars for the original trilogy, along with a number of content outside of the films we've gotten over past few decades now. However, I thought Force Awakens was serviceable at best, and Rogue One to be the worst film I've watched in the last decade - granted, that might not be saying much since I'm very selective with what movies I'm willing to watch. My cousins and friends are pretty diehard Star Wars fans, so they make it a thing to get the premier tickets the moment you can reserve tickets. Although there's a good chance I wont care for ep. VIII, It's not something I can get out of watching. So we'll see, I'll have opinions (good and bad) about the movie, and it'll be a sci-fi movie to compare to my current favorite from this year, Blade Runner 2049.

NostalgiaKing
Member Avatar
These aren't the droids we're looking for.

MidiPour
Oct 21 2017, 01:53 PM
Overall, I like Star Wars for the original trilogy, along with a number of content outside of the films we've gotten over past few decades now. However, I thought Force Awakens was serviceable at best, and Rogue One to be the worst film I've watched in the last decade - granted, that might not be saying much since I'm very selective with what movies I'm willing to watch. My cousins and friends are pretty diehard Star Wars fans, so they make it a thing to get the premier tickets the moment you can reserve tickets. Although there's a good chance I wont care for ep. VIII, It's not something I can get out of watching. So we'll see, I'll have opinions (good and bad) about the movie, and it'll be a sci-fi movie to compare to my current favorite from this year, Blade Runner 2049.
I actually really enjoyed Rogue One, though it was completely different from what I expected (thanks to reshoots). But I am a pretty diehard Star Wars fan, so there is that xD

And Blade Runner 2049 was absolutely incredible. Dear god was it good.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter! --- My Backloggery --- YouTube --- Media Moths

NinjaPenguin8969
Member Avatar
I SUCK AT GAMES
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm looking forward to it. I didn't like Rogue One either aside all the characters who I didn't care about dying at the end lol.

I don't like going to the movies either, but you guys should see if you have one of the Luxury options near you. Super comfy recliners, mini table, you're not on top of or insanely close to others, plenty of leg room, and beer & margaritas. I'll never go to a regular cramped one ever again, would rather for it to just hit Blu-Ray than do that.

I still need to see Blade Runner, IT, and SAW soon.
Edited by NinjaPenguin8969, Oct 22 2017, 11:41 AM.
Posted Image

GrillmarkedX
Member Avatar
The Sorrow
[ *  *  *  * ]
NinjaPenguin8969
Oct 22 2017, 11:38 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I didn't like Rogue One either aside all the characters who I didn't care about dying at the end lol.

I don't like going to the movies either, but you guys should see if you have one of the Luxury options near you. Super comfy recliners, mini table, you're not on top of or insanely close to others, plenty of leg room, and beer & margaritas. I'll never go to a regular cramped one ever again, would rather for it to just hit Blu-Ray than do that.

I still need to see Blade Runner, IT, and SAW soon.
Not sure if we have anything like that near me. It’s something I should look into, for special occasions such as this movie. Sounds like a good time.
Posted Image

Unclever
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When I first got out of the theater I wasn't really feeling this movie. Now that I had a few days to think about it, I absolutely hate it. Obviously the director or writers wanted to take things in a different direction. I could be OK with that, but not the way it was done here. It is not just that they concluded a bunch of plot-lines so they could hit the reset button. It felt like they where throwing away plot-lines.
Spoiler: click to toggle
I thought the Ray\Luke plot-line was going to be really Rays journey and Luke would just be helping her along. However that ends up being Lukes journey, and I could be OK with that except that journey ends up leading to nowhere. I had a problem with how proficient Rey was with the Force in the first movie but now after 1 30sec training session with Luke apparently she is a Jedi Master. O and Leia can fly but just didn't tell anyone about it. I am assume this was planned to be a trilogy but the endding of the story feels farther away at the end of this movie then it did at the beginning.
Edited by Unclever, Dec 27 2017, 01:03 PM.

GrillmarkedX
Member Avatar
The Sorrow
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

Unclever
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
GrillmarkedX I think the 2 main complaints people have against the TFA is that it is just a retelling of The New Hope and that it plays off nostalgia to much. I think those are both fair complaints but I still REALLY like TFA. For me it is not just that TLJ destroys the potential that TFA sets up but it also destroys what it already had. I read a descent amount of fantasy books, so I am no stranger to muli-arc stories. I have never seen a story so unceremoniously dismiss the foundation that had been created before it.

One of the reason I like TFA some much is that I liked the characters and even more importantly how those characters played off one another. Poe is only in TFA for like 5 mins but for those 5 mins the way Poe and Fin played off one another was amazing, they never even got close to that dynamic TLJ. In TFA BB-8 is a character, the TLJ he is a ball with a mechanical head. Fin may not be the hero of the TFA but I would say he is the main character (though you can easily make the argument for Ray or both Fin and Ray), in TLJ Fin is delegated to a side story that seems to mainly be there just so Fin as something to do.

Like I said the more I think about this movie the more I hate it. Just typing this makes me angery.
Edited by Unclever, Dec 27 2017, 01:28 PM.

BotzaBrand
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
https://youtu.be/yEoaN9qIxFs?t=1m43s

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply